I sit in the cockpit of my boat as the last of the sun’s rays touch the harbor water, making all around me sparkle. I allow the sunlight to touch my skin, each ray adding joy to my heart; I literally bask in the Light….
I bought myself a present..a delicate copper wind chime with a fairy figure sitting on a colored glass orb surrounded by copper daisies…I feel a kindred connection with her..my Spirit feels I am the fairy…I tell you about this present because it is yet another treasure that ‘does not belong on my boat’ yet the Energy on my boat has shifted to include this new treasure, this physical expression of my inner self. I want her to reflect beauty, so I clean all of the surfaces around her..simplicity is key especially when adding frivolous to the mix. A gentle wind pushes the harbor water against the hull of the boat making lapping sounds, so if I close my eyes and let the sun hit me and listen to the water, the chimes, and feel the wind on my face I *am* bliss personified…
I think of Summer. In this bliss filled state Summer is my favorite. Truly, all seasons are my favorite when I am in them, but as I write this today, I am in love with Summer who has just entered and will settle in for a bit. I think: quick name five adjectives that best describe Summer:
- Warmth: Ah, warmth..Of sunlight. Of friendships. Of days full of Summer Light–hours of play. Of the barbeque grill. Of the pool (it’s heated). Of the inner space of my boat as we come and go, come and go all summer long. From the heat of sparklers in Fourth of July fun. Of bonfires on the beach. Of my smile which radiates because I am truly happy surrounded by such delight!
- Light. The Light of the day as there are more daylight hours for us to play in. The Light of my friend’s smiles as we welcome each other for yet another gathering around the pool, the water park, the barbecue. The Lights on top of the mast of the boat shining in the dark as I am anchored at the islands. The Light of the moon shining through my v-berth hatch as I sleep. The Light of those around me as they participate in activities that make their hearts overflow with joy and love.
- Food..Need I say more??? S’mores (oh yeah!!), barbecues of all sorts, pot luck dinners by the pool, popsicle, ice cream, food from the local fair in August, fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmer’s market, delicious peaches solo or baked in pie (double oh yeah!), birthday cake, watermelon, berries…an assortment of food. Picnics at the park, picnics on the kayak, picnics on the hiking trails…Food.
- Skin. I love skin. My skin and yours. I love when the elements touch my skin..sunlight, water, air. I love to wear my bathing suit, my shorts, my sundresses. I love to be barefoot. I love painted toenails and toe rings and anklets. I love walking the pier and watching the runners, the people in bathing suits, the volleyball players, the guys playing basketball with no shirts :)….love it all. I think close to naked is as close to authentic as some people get, and I love authentic…
- Vibrant colors. Color my world! Sunlight colors everything. Moonlight colors the rest. Fireworks color the sky. Colorful summer clothes and bathing suits and sundresses. Color on my skin. Color in my hair. My Summer food is brightly colored. Radiant, beauty filled colors.
Summer to me is variety..so to get us all in the mood for Summer..I asked a few fellow blog authors to submit their answers to the question: “What are five adjectives that describe Summer to you?” *Thank you* to the following guests for contributing! Please check out their websites where you will find inspiration and delight…..
Evita Ochel from Evolving Beings:
Outdoorsy – Relaxing – Serene – Pleasurable – Rejuvenating
The summer heat to me is nature’s way of expressing her passion. I love the warm and hot weather, as it allows me to do what I find very pleasurable – spending time outdoors in nature, with much of my bare skin being able to absorb the sun’s rejuvenating rays. From swimming to hiking, from canoeing to just relaxing on a hammock under the rustling leaves of a beautiful summer breeze. There is my serene landscape of life expressing itself – with me in it.
Simon Hay from Simon Hay Soul Healer:
Summers in Australia are hot, and the best time of day is early in the morning. This is the time for reflection, to sit still, and appreciate nature. It’s more productive to work in the mornings and evenings, so summer is the time for routine and scheduling.
The hottest days encourage us to be sensible: hydrate, relax, and be mindful of the welfare of pets and the elderly. They’re also opportunities to be spontaneous and spend time with family and friends, swimming and entertaining.
Summer storms and bush fires remind me to respect this sun burnt land. These disasters allow me to be generous and compassionate to neighbours in need. Summer is beautiful and unpredictable and the season to strengthen patience.
Heat flows through me as healing energy and passion.
I’m respectful of this beautiful country.
Water is precious and essential to life, and I’m grateful for this gift.
I’ve tolerance for all men.
I remember how to have fun.
I love you Summer.
Jamie Ridler from Jamie Ridler Studios:
Thank you for inviting me to think about summer. Here’s my response:
Summer is slow…lazy…juicy…hot…free…
This summer I’m slowing down, taking time to breathe and to get my house in order with a calm, relaxed focus and deep appreciation.
Tess Marshall from The Bold Life:
Five words that I feel best describe summer:
Travel, fun, flip flops, Farmer’s Market, sun.
My childhood summers were spent working on our 88-acre family farm. We spent hours in nature planting, weeding and picking fruits and vegetables from sun up until sun down. The days we weren’t in the fields we were at the Farmer’s Market selling our produce. I used to dream of the days I would travel, plan picnics, go to the beach and shop at the Farmer’s Market like the customers I served. I promised myself some day I would…
Today, I spend summer traveling, planning fun times and shopping at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings. I exercise before the sun rises in Arizona where it can reach 120 degrees. I love living in flip flops, t-shirts and shorts enjoying my watermelon-seed-spitting summer;)
“Summer is the time when one sheds one’s tensions with one’s clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all’s right with the world.” Ada Louise Huxtable
So, what is fearless about five summer time adjectives? Thank you for asking. Fearless is allowing your heart to speak, to embrace passion…in my case when I share my five adjectives with you I am in essence saying *this* is what I truly love…makes me vulnerable and I’ll have to be awfully fearless to embrace it all..
Of course, the closing question to you then is: What are five adjectives that describe Summer to you??
And, this *moonbeam* would like to remind you to please take time to look at and perhaps celebrate the full moon this weekend…Marvel in the beauty and the Energy..let it fill your heart…